Bergerac Modular with Dublin Lg Square inlay

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Grn Mtn, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Customer has old farmhouse with a concrete walkway that was falling apart near the steps. Wanted paver walk that would look good with the style of the house, and also wanted to incorporate a none-working water pump and wine barrel planter.

The part of the walkway that was damaged turned out to be layed over plywood:confused: I think that might have had something to do with its failure.

Every cut was then beat with a sledge to blend with the rest of the paver, I'm pretty happy with the results, although it took 4 hours longer estimated, total time 16.5 hours.

before1.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

after1.jpg

3. Grn Mtn

after2.jpg

4. Grn Mtn

after3.jpg

5. Grn Mtn

oh and the driveway is getting top-coated next week, thats why the pavers are 1" above.

6. Humble Earth Mover

Humble Earth Mover LawnSite Member

Very bold design! Didn't like it at first look, but I think it works. Very creative approach. Anything to make pavers less boring!

7. Grn Mtn

boy thats a great compliment, thanks. I used the dublin large square to soften transition from concrete to paver but only ran it on one side because the walk isn't that wide, I also ran it on the side with the bigger landscape bed for similar reason.

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wheres the lights!??!! :waving:

Nice job! :drinkup:

9. Grn Mtn

how 'bout a flood coming out of the waterspout and lifting up on the handle turns it on:laugh:

small job, no light budget.

10. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. It can be hard to use pavers with different textures and patterns on such a small area but it works with that project. As a former Rochesterian I certainly don't miss all of the white marble that is used in landscapes around Rochester.