1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bergerac Modular with Dublin Lg Square inlay

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Grn Mtn, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Customer has old farmhouse with a concrete walkway that was falling apart near the steps. Wanted paver walk that would look good with the style of the house, and also wanted to incorporate a none-working water pump and wine barrel planter.

The part of the walkway that was damaged turned out to be layed over plywood:confused: I think that might have had something to do with its failure.

Every cut was then beat with a sledge to blend with the rest of the paver, I'm pretty happy with the results, although it took 4 hours longer estimated, total time 16.5 hours.

before1.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

after1.jpg

3. Grn Mtn

after2.jpg

4. Grn Mtn

after3.jpg

5. Grn Mtn

oh and the driveway is getting top-coated next week, thats why the pavers are 1" above.

6. Humble Earth Mover

Humble Earth Mover LawnSite Member

Very bold design! Didn't like it at first look, but I think it works. Very creative approach. Anything to make pavers less boring!

7. Grn Mtn

boy thats a great compliment, thanks. I used the dublin large square to soften transition from concrete to paver but only ran it on one side because the walk isn't that wide, I also ran it on the side with the bigger landscape bed for similar reason.

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wheres the lights!??!! :waving:

Nice job! :drinkup:

9. Grn Mtn

how 'bout a flood coming out of the waterspout and lifting up on the handle turns it on:laugh:

small job, no light budget.

10. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. It can be hard to use pavers with different textures and patterns on such a small area but it works with that project. As a former Rochesterian I certainly don't miss all of the white marble that is used in landscapes around Rochester.