Bering Truck w/ Beavertail

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Jul 8, 2001.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

Does any one have any information on the Bering truck with a beavertail? Specifically, I'm looking for a website other than www.beringtrucks.com .

Bering did have a promo earlier in the year with something like $5000.00 down and $399.00 p/month for 60 months. I'd like to see a photo of the beavertail and the truck.

Thanks!

2. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I have e-mailed these guys a dozen times with only one response. That was from the webmaster, I asked if my e-mails were getting through. I would say contact a dealer as the company has no time for us small fry. Closest dealer to me is 24 hours away almost. I was hoping to see the same set-up up close someday. It would suit my needs very well. Good luck finding what you are after. I saw a picture of the beavertail in a trade mag but have not seen another lately. This is not the only company to not return e-mails it is cronic these days. Makes me wonder why they offer e-address' at all.:confused:

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a Mitsubishi-Fuso from Colonial Truck in Ashland, VA. I-95 about 1/2 hr north of Richmond.

A little less power than the Bering, but solid truck.

I love it- no more pulling trailers!!! Great manueverability and looks very professional.

Downside: These trucks are intended for urban-delivery, so the gearing is very low, and not much horsepower. My Mit-Fuso has a 5.73:1 rear axle ratio.

Mine was a leftover 2000 model, $28,500 turnkey.

Ken

4. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

leased a isuzu npr in Apirl
    16 foot landscape bed
    drop down sides
    shovel rack and a over head rack
    $2000.00 down
    lease is 48 months
    22000 miles a year
    $423.00 a month
    only thing I should of done was
    go with the 18' bed
    bed was made by supreme they have
    a web site but I forget what it is.
    you can try a search on Supreme landscape beds

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

Greg R: Sounds like you got a great deal on your NPR. Is it a diesel? Could you give me a ball park figure for business insurance for the NPR.

TwoToros: Same with me... Talk with the dealer. When Bering first opened up, we could call direct and get real phone support. I guess the Bearing dealers got their nickers in a twist?

Thanks to all...

6. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

dhicks,
    No its gas, 350 V-8
    Went with gas because its a lease and
    its cheaper in price. I was looking
    more at monthly expense. About the insurance
    I don't have a clue, I can tell ya I pay $3450.00
    year for a 1 mill coverage on 4 vechiles and liability
    insurance that include snow removal and lawncare.