1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bermuda disease, North GA

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by macgyver_GA, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jimshack

jimshack LawnSite Member

send the soil sample in, and in the mean time a good aeration may do it some good. my guess is brown patch, due to the humidity and rain we've had.
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

A good aeration has never hurt any lawn...especially a bermuda lawn in GA red clay...if I had the energy I would aerate mine 4 times per year and compost with sand and compost.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

That area was actually aerated back in may.

I'm gonna run by JD landscapes tomorrow morning and pick up some fungicide and bring them a soil sample.
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Price some Rubigon. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner LawnSite Member

if you ferted first part of may, it has been way too long since last app, I dont know how much N you put down, but if you fert at 1.5lb n per 1,000 sq ft and use some cheap fungi like Daconil, if your fert has Iron even better- If you are using straight fert, you have to be back on the lawn in 30 days

I say dollar spot big time
  6. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Putting down fert tonight, its been about 7 weeks since the first app so i'm about a week overdue. I apply every six weeks. I'm using Lesco 24-2-11 w/ 6% FE. The guy at JD landscapes told me to get a bag of T-storm granular fungicide. He said that is the most cost effective since the concentrate liquid they had was pretty pricey and they didn't have anything less than 1 gal.

I will keep you guys posted on how that works.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. clemsonturf

clemsonturf LawnSite Member
    from SC

just looks like coalescing dollar spot to me.

being DRY and HOT for a significant period of time without consistant rainfall can make for a perfect recipe for dollar spot.

the best and most economical cure is nitrogen + water.
  8. azjojo99

azjojo99 LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

Brown Patch/Large Patch. Don't over do it on the fert if it is still active, it will make it worse. Need to put down a fungicide then wait ~10 days then hit it with ~1 lb of N/1000.

Water no more than once/week, early am hours (2-6am).