bermuda/fescue programs for 8 treatments?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Apr 13, 2012.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok as you may know im just trying to get into the business and trying to ask tons a questions. i hope i am not bothering anyone.

Is there a general program you use for the bermuda and fescue lawns? like app 1 this app 2 this? ect.... Before you leave the house to spray for the day or to put granulars out do you know what your putting on each yard and is it the same thing on every yard for that time of year? and if so do you mind posting what you put out app 1-8? or is it just not that easy. Like i said im just now getting into the business i want to start in a year and im trying to learn all i can. thanks in advance for all replys!!

2. georgialawn88

cmon guys anyone?

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

You're going to have a hard time finding people who will tell you their exact program. For me 8 is a lot on fescue unless you are including fungicide but it all depends on you client base, watering ability, and temperatures.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

What part of GA are you from?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We don't put 8 apps on any of our yards. We simply don't need that in our area. The only company I know in our area that has that many apps is Trugreen (and their reputation is bad here).

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

6-7 around here is typical.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 13 steps I do on Sport fields
    8 is treatments and 5 are turf Conditioning(2 aerating,Thatching,slit seeding)

8. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

I know alot of guys going to 12 apps lol

9. georgialawn88

I am from mcdounough ga.

Ok i understand everyone does not do 8 aps. Doers anyone have a generic, this is what i use this time of year and this is what i use that time of year? thanks folks