Bermuda grass help

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by coolbrze, Oct 3, 2012.

1. coolbrze

coolbrze LawnSite Member

What's the best way to eradicate this Bermuda grass & keep it from re-invading beds? The majority of their lawn is Bermuda :(

[​IMG]

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Roundup. Tear out the brown crap after. Use snapshot or other pre-em. Some will always find its way back.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

yeah welcome to the hell of bermuda...it's almost impossible to eradicate

4. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

You'll be able to control it. You'll never be able to kill it.

5. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Snapshot or pre-em won't do much BC must of that is from rhizomes. Try fusillade or ornamec
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Running the stick edger along the bedlines keep it sharp looking and gets the rhizomes. A thin line of RU gets anything getting ready to pop through the mulch. Its a constant ongoing process that you can't skip for even a week during the growing season. Selective postems work great but are too pricey to apply on a weekly or biweekly basis.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

If the lawn is bermuda. What I do is edge the beds EVERY WEEK, then every other week I shoot any runners I see with roundup.

Also cutting a deep edge (4-6") similar to what a bed edger would make will keep the runners from shooting out into the beds.

8. coolbrze

coolbrze LawnSite Member

Tried Snapshot this Spring w/ marginal results. Someone told me Barricade in the beds will help better. Will this harm the Perennials & shrubs?

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Keeping the beds edged is the key. You also got to stay on top of the round up spraying!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

it like the Apocalypse grass .. that stuff never dies.. but roundup controls it pretty well