1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bermuda grass question???

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by landscape hawaii 808, May 21, 2013.

1. landscape hawaii 808

landscape hawaii 808 LawnSite Member

hello everyone i was spraying some weeds on some bermuda grass and i think put to much of the weed killer now theres alot of spots on the lawn now the lawn looks like a leopard lol what type of fertilizer can i use to bring revieve the bermuda grass or is there any other thing i can do? please help me

thanks in advance

2. bjack312

bjack312 LawnSite Member

Time and adequate irrigation are what the grass needs. It should bounce back within two or three weeks.

That's the good thing about Bermuda, you can't kill it, even if you want too!

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What did you use for the weeds?

If you used something that was a Glyphosate product [Roundup] then it is going to take awhile, because not onyl is it a non-selective grass and weed killer, but also a growth regulator so the areas will fill in slower.

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

That is what happens when Three Way amine or even Speedzone Southern is over applied on bermuda. Old stock Trimec Plus will do the same as well. Applying with an adjustable nozzle without first determining the discharge rate and area covered per volume of water can be an 8X overdosage if the rate per 1000 sq ft was thrown into a gallon of water then sprayed. It has been warm and humid this past month rather than the 18 months of wind, cold and clouds. Not a time I would be doing high rate broadleaf herbicide.

5. landscape hawaii 808

landscape hawaii 808 LawnSite Member

I used trimec southern

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/msds/TrimecSouthern-Label.pdf

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Trimec Southern will do that if applied in overdosage. Even in overdosage, there are many weeds resistant to it.

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Don't make this mistake. One of my customers was using Ortho squirt bottle hand weed sprayer. Worked fine, but he ran out. Soo...he bought a bottle of Weed-B Gone and refilled his squirt bottle with it ...and sprayed about 30 additional weeds. He added no water.
    Whoops; he killed all 30 spots. He did not dilute with water as the directions require. He applied the product at approximately 20 times the correct rate.

8. wrager

wrager LawnSite Member
    from ATL

Even gly applied to active Bermuda just pisses it off for a while, then it comes roaring back!

9. JBNC

JBNC LawnSite Member

It will be fine, keep it watered and give it time.