Bermuda in Centipede

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn Sharks, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I live on a golf course and have a Centipede lawn but the Bermuda is creeping in from the course. Other than putting a mulch barrier how would I go about getting rid of the Bermuda that has already established.

I don't think Fusilade II, even in low concentrations, will work on Centipede like it does on Zoysia.

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

FII isn't labelled for residential use but I hear Vantage is good. I want to make perfectly clear that this is hearsay, but I trust the source.

3. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

Vantage works for me in south GA.

4. Lawn Sharks

Do you have specific experience using Vantage on Centipede infested with Bermuda? Is it the miracle chem that kills Bermuda and not Centipede or Zoysia?

I will go and read the label on it if I can find it at a local supplier.

5. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

6. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

I'm using vantage daily to kill bahia grass that's in centipede, if vantage gets on bermuda it will die graveyard dead.

7. Lawn Sharks

That is a testimonial that I cannot ignore. Time for the Vantage! Thanks.

8. Lawn Sharks

The label doesn't show that Vantage is toxic to Dollar weed. If that were the case it would likely be the miracle selective weed killer here in all the subdivisions in my area which put down Centipede almost without fail.