bermuda lawn with fescue sod installed

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by kalyeah, Mar 22, 2007.

1. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

Ok, here's my situation. I have a customer who had a bermuda lawn. Last year her sister and brother in law surprised her by having some trees cut down and some landscaping done. She didn't want this work done(I didn't do it). Anyways, where they cut the trees down they installed fescue sod. This was a bermuda/weed lawn. She's a great customer but not into having a picture perfect lawn. However, the fescue sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of the bermuda lawn. She's wanting to leave the bermuda but overseed with fescue to try to blend it in. I told her fall would be a better time to do this, but I also feel that the bermuda will choke out the fescue. Thinking that over time this will all blend in if just left alone. What would you do in this situation. This is a very small lawn, and the fescue patches are probably 10 x 10.

2. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

What about overseeding the fescue sod with Bermuda seed later in the year? The fescue will struggle this summer anyway, and maybe the Bermuda will eventually dominate.