bermuda plugging experiment

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassmasterswilson, Jun 9, 2012.

1. crb007

crb007 LawnSite Member

A couple pic from July 4th weekend. Two months after planting. I will get some recent pics soon.

IMG_0018.jpg

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Topic is from around June 2012
    Bottom pic is from August 2013

I fertilized and mowed a lot in 2012 but cut back some in 2013. I might have applied 4 lb N this year but still mowed twice a week. I did apply some primo around July.

It has turned out good and I hope to work o. Getting the lawn more level so that I can drop the mowing height or maybe get a reel mower.

image.jpg

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

One tip is as your plugs get bigger take a small plug from the center of your old plug and plant it somewhere. That's will help it to fill in.

4. overtona

overtona LawnSite Member

Crb077. Nice work. I'm here I'm here in Greenville too. I would love to see some more recent pictures. Where did you purchase yor 34-0-0 and your celebration plugs?

5. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Here in FL, bermuda is tough. It tends to take over any yard that is under stress. You can't get rid of it! lol

6. crb007

crb007 LawnSite Member

Overtona, I bought the fertilizer (Urea) at Lowes and bought the plugs from www.seedland.com. They sell the Celebration plugs seasonally it appears as the Celebration plugs were sold out by the middle of May.

Thanks for the tip grassmasterswilson.