Bermuda stripes w/mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenman, May 1, 2003.

1. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

For all those who say Bermuda wont stripe, well......this is the first cut (after scalping) w/mulch kit. Of course, warm season grasses dont stripe like cool season grasses. This pic was taken today, no sunshine what so ever to help out with the stripes (it was fixing to storm big time):(

bermuda stripes.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

where are they? I get stripes 10x better than that when my grass is dormant and the ground is frozen LOL. Ok maybe not 10... but at least 3x as good. When I went on vacation down south the thing that really stuck out was the edging is very distinct. The lawns looked fairly decent except there was alot of scalping due to the lower mowing height (commercial prop's wasn't comparing residentials). If you can mow and not get stripes I think that is cool but here you will get ugly tire marks all over if you try NOT to stripe. If a customer doesn't like them the best thing to do is mow in a rectangle/box shape or stripe perpendicular to the viewpoint (parrallel with house for instance).

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

With Bermuda? Bermuda stripes are hard to get, especially with a mulch kit. BTW, dormant Bermuda will stripe better for some reason.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Nah we don't have bermuda. I was just kiddin ya for the most part. A mulch kit will make alittle difference around here, but not much.