1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bermuda Striping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Josh18, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Anyone here have any luck with striping bermuda grass? I have a 32" Metro with homemade striping kit and it barely does anything. The very next day there is no evidence whatesoever of a stripe. Ohh and I cut it at 2 3/4" thanks

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a flap that eXmark puts on their walkbehinds and put threaded rod in the bottom to weight it down a little. Does yours have that flap? The reason I bought it, my Bob-Cat lost some of it's striping ability when I put on gators. It works on everything, including weeds! Bermuda is everywhere around here and it can be striped.

3. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Yea it does have that flap also. What height are you cutting the bermuda for it to stripe?

4. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

Here, we mostly have Ky Blue and Fescue. I was cutting at about 2 3/4 inches. Recently I raised my deck to cut to about 3 1/2 inches. The stripes I lay now are very nice. They are alot more visible vs when i was cutting at a shorter length. I mow with a 48" Exmark w/b with a homeade striping kit.