1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smithsonmi, May 21, 2002.

1. smithsonmi

smithsonmi LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. Since my last post here I have moved to Georgia and have all new grasses to deal with!

My builder sodded my yard with Bermuda (I assume hybrid and not common?) and I wanted some fert recommendations. I put down a basic starter fertilizer (Vigoro extended release at HD) but these warm season grasses have a different fert schedule than I am used to. Any good links or advice on care? Some neighbors talk about adding Iron also, Ironite for example.

Thanks!

2. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I just put out an application of lesco's 32-3-8 on my bermudas and they all are looking awesome. You feed it once per month during the growing season.

3. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

We are using a Anderson 28-3-10 with 4% Iron, does a awesome job, plus if you cut it with a reel mower, looks like a golf course.:)