bermudagrass in home lawn .client wont's it out.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jan 31, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i have a client that is getting more and more bermudagrass in his back lawn...
    besides total kill what are something that can be done to control it...?
    ant

2. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

What type of turfgrass is the bremuda grass mixed in with and do you wish to keep it.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for the reply...
    fescue/rye/some blue grass and yes it stays.
    ant

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

5. alawson

alawson LawnSite Member

what is the mixture for the fusilade 11----i mixed it .50oz per gallon of water and still killed the fescue in the bermuda---sorry people i don't believe it---the weather was 70 degrees and overcast---wayne

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What month did you apply it and how mature was the fescue?

Applying ½ ounce per gallon is what I have used the few times I applied it and while the fescue yellowed it did not die.

7. alawson

alawson LawnSite Member

I applied it in may when the bermuda started to grow---all growth stopped on the bermuda and fescue--then most of the fescue died----going to try acclaim this year---its real expensive -----tried acclaim toward the end of the season om bamboo grass and it worked---killed the bamboo grass and not the fescue--i would be glade to talk on the phone about this----need a way to control bermuda---i don't think you can ever kill the stuff---when i show up at a new lawn and they don't have bermuda i tell them how lucky they are no matter how bad the yard is---have nightmares about bermuda---wayne

8. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

AS soon as it starts to grow Round-up on entire lawn. 1 week later round-up entire lawn again. Scalp lawn real short and slit-seed or till up and plant seed. Bermuda is hard to kill because of the stolens. They can live under ground for several years so good luck. This will get you by for a good ten years, then chances are it will probally come back.