1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CA Enterprises, Mar 13, 2000.

1. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

I have noticed that FSU has recommended that Bermudagrass be cut a 1.5&quot;. This seems short I usually cut it at 2-2.5&quot;. Do I need to re-think this?<p>Thanks for the help!:)
  2. NateinAtl

NateinAtl LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Here in Georgia we mow our bermuda grass as low as possible. Actually, we are in the process of scalping our lawns and taking away the dormant clippings. Starting next week we will mulch at 1.5 or 2 inches depending on the property. If it's a bumpy ride, it will be at 2 inches. <p>All of the information above is for a lawn that has sodded, hybrid bermuda. If you are mowing common bermuda, I would suggest 2 or 2.5 inches.
  3. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

Yes, forgot to add this is just common bermuda! I am sure that makes a difference?<p>Adam :)

A CUT ABOVE LawnSite Member

I am also in GA. and have several yards with bermuda. One of them is so thick that I cut it 3.5 to 4&quot;. All of the others, I cut at about 3 to 3.5&quot;. If you cut bermuda too low, it looks brown. I never cut bermuda below 3&quot;.