BESIDES lawn monkey what lawn application software are out there?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 14, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

BESIDES lawn monkey what lawn application software are out there.

1400.00 is a little much for l/m.
    anthony

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ant

Gopher 98 is not a bad program. Cost is about $300.00. But I too would like to have Lawnmonkey and I just can't see spending that much money. I am interested in a program that will import my customer list so it does not have to be re-entied and will export to Quickbooks Pro. What about it people??? what are you using and does it inter act with QB.

3. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Lawn and Pest Assistant III by Real Green Systems is the best.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Will not only it write into QB, but can QB write into IT? Lawn Monkey (for $3000.00) doesn't do this......

6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Real green does seem to be a awsome program, but when all said and paid for your talking $5-6k, I really liked lawn monkey for the money but the rumor is there droping Lawn monkey ( alcote ) and going with Qexpress.

That Qexpress sounds like what your looking for Ric.

I have someone that does my accounts payables so I dont like those programs that work together, I wrote my own programs using Access and a few other older systems, I just import all the info onto real green forms. There forms are awsome.

The problem with my system I m the only one that knows how to do it, its too hard to train someone..so some day I will be forced to buy a program.....and the winner will be......real green

7. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

real green is our software. yep, its costly, but you get what you pay for?
    Savings in office time will pay for it in one season.

I also once used a program I made and used real green forms (invoices, estimate sheets, etc) like Cormier said, I was the only one who understood it. Took some time to train a part time office person to work it. When she left (off to college) we went to real green software and found i didnt need to replace that person who was being paid more than what real green cost me.

also nice for marketing (upsells) existing customers. it does interact with quickbooks. if you service over 1000 lawns it is definately the way to go. I havn't added the mapping yet, though i did have an inhouse presentation on it, its awesome! At our size i cant quite justify paying the $1500 for it plus the monthly fee ($50 i think was what i was quoted and that was couple of years ago) If your running 5 trucks or more than it is also a must have.

8. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at groundskeeper pro. $250.00 pretty good program IMHO

Jim

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

real green looks to be the best. I have been trying out a demo. Going to switch over to it full time next year

10. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

I just got this program and it seems fare so far. Price was right and it has some nice features.