Beside's the money, my second favorite thing is ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, May 9, 2003.

1. I love watching Purple Martins SCREAMING through the air around my mower catching bugs too tiny for humans to see. At one point this afternoon, there were at least 11 of those micro-jet-fighters swirling around me. WHAT A BLAST to watch those things! AWESOME flying!!!

Yesterday a Scissortail was showing off for me while I stirred up some chow for him. Then he sat on a tree branch 6’ off the ground and let me drive my mower (23hp, full throttle, blades engaged) two within 2 feet of him! I throttled down and sat there for at least 5 minutes admiring that little bad@$$. He was totally fearless. NOTHING will mess with a Scissortail, hehe.

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Aww, that's so sweet.
    Just Kiddin
    I love the outdoors too. Yesterday I ran across some pheasant. They were within 10 feet, just walking slowly through the lawn.

3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

last weekend my son and I were mowing a once a month property[$30 for 12 min] that is a empty lot in an established neighborhood. We saw something caught in the neighbors deer netting. It turned out to be a red tailed hawk that just kept flying into the netting trying to take off. I rang thier bell and they guy came out and peeled back the netting he had placed around his leyland cypress . The hawk finally flew off as we watched. Even my 14 yr old son thought that was cool. He'll probably look for the video game.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm poor on shrub and tree recognition but the one thing that I forgot until Spring was the smell of spring. Yesterday there were 3 different shrubs in bloom that had a great smell.
    That in fact was tempered when I ran thru a new pile of Great Dane (not the mower) @poop@!!