best .095 Trim string on the market.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by WilsonBoud, May 17, 2013.

1. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

This is how I always rolled.
    But with this Honda having some extra cajones over my Stihl FS-80...I'm strongly thinking of leaving it on.

HD was a no go for this Gator Platinum Super Twist.
    I'm in the experimental mood these days since my old fave line (also a twisted line) will NOT work in this Honda. It comes with a stock Honda head which to me is very similar to an Echo head.

So, I need to try a small pack of any line to make sure it won't weld to itself. So far, ALL round lines have worked well, but some are more durable than others.

2. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo Crossfire, Probably better out there but don't like to hunt for it. Just pick up a spool every now and then. Oh lets start the soaking in water thread! :drinkup:

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Why bring it up if you don't believe in it unless you just are bored and want to start a pissing match?:rolleyes:

4. clydebusa

Meant to be funny. :clapping:

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Wait, are you telling me that people soak their trimmer line in water for some reason?

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup. That's it. I went and looked for the package today.
    I asked my dealer if they carry it and he said "No, that stuff's expensive."

Whatever. That's what the interwebs are for. I can always order it if I want more.

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Oh, well then I'm sorry.

So many get all wound up over whether or not that works. I can't remember everyone who pee'd in the pot last time and didn't know if you were serious.

8. clydebusa

I know what you are saying. It is funny to read how people get so wound up. I always think man, live and let live.