Best 21" Commerical Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, Sep 12, 2003.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

What is the best 21" Commerical mower these days, lawn-boy, snapper, toro, etc?
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

ask greenmachine on this site.
  3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

4. Port City Lawncare

Port City Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

We bought a new Toro and I couldn't be happier with it. I've used Hondas since they came out years ago and they are great machines if you've got 1200 bucks to throw at one. The thing I like most about the Toro as opposed to the Honda is the weight. The Toro is super light, cuts just as smoooth as the Honda, and costs 600 less. Not to mention the speed is significantly faster than the Honda.
  5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Honda. 1987 HR214 Honda Bagger and 2 speed SP. I couldnt be happier!
  6. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

the toro woth the 2 cycle suzuki engine is a real good one.I dont know if its the best??
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I would agree with port city on the weight of a honda but the only way you are going to get a toro for half of a honda is if you buy there residential model not the commercial. I bought the a month ago and am very happy with it. Powerfull, excelent cut and mulches well bags excelent. I paid with extra blade and free tune up / oil change at end of season. that is the hydro 5.5 hp expensive one.
    Go with the 215 5hp 20lbs less and it was 899.00. toro wanted 949 and snapper wanted 899 with robins and honda 5.5 999. what ever you do don't try them out before you buy!
    Any ways I highly recomend the Honda.
  8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

by the way I was kidding on not trying them out. You will find which one you like. good luck.
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

If you are looking for the best, try one of these:

10. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

I agree with Rick Jones. I have one and can't believe how great it is. Would recommend one to anyone!