1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best 21" Push Mower for Bagging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by neblawncare23, Aug 6, 2013.

1. kennymo81

kennymo81 LawnSite Member

I returned it because I do mostly small yards and use my 21 $80 percent of the time. It was getting to the point where my hands were in extreme pain from the control bail. It doesn't matter how well the machine performs if the operator isn't there to use it
  2. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same super bagger as you and the same issues in wet grass. So, this spring I got the Exmark X series commercial 21". Fabulous bagger. It packs the bag really tight and sucks up tall wet grass very well. The other impressive thing is that very little grass seems to stick to the underside of the deck. As a mulcher, it's ok but not the best.
  3. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

I have two of the Exmark 21s and they pretty much pick up anything. Highly recommended.

If you can, spend the extra couple bucks on the X series. The FJ-180V Kai is a beast, never bogs down. Also you have a few extra protective pieces. I special ordered one with the BBC and it is probably my favorite mower.

I am thinking about picking up another when I order a few more mowers next year. IMHO The best push mowers I have ever used.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  4. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

In terms of bagging I would have to vote for the W21 Husqvarna (now out of production).

I also have a Snapper "commercial" hi-vac which does very well if it's dry (bag is huge) but has problems in the wet.

I've heard that Honda HRC bags very well, but since I've never owned one...