Best 21" trim mower (cut??)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Nov 18, 2001.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I am looking to purcahse a very good quality bush mower trim around landscaping and mow my fron yard. My main goal is cut quality. I want it to stand very high (have a nice lift, not just push the grass over). My second goal is mulching and then bagging. I have been looking at the jx 75, toro super recycler and the honda line. Can anyone lead me in the right direction. Again I want to mulch and I want the cut quality to be the best in the market. Thanks in advance. This is a great site.

-Also this will be for residential use. I know this is a commercial forum, but I would rather get advice from a professional.

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

TORO and HONDA both are great mowers. Just stay away from the Snappers. The mulching is good with the Ninja blades, but the cut overall is crappy.

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

use the search feature we had this same exact question last week.

4. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

scottie, you need to calm down. I did a search and I found a topic "what 21" trim mower." That to me is not the same question. Some people may use a yard man because they don't want to spend the money on a higher priced mower (nothing against yard man). I on the other hand have decided to put some money into my mower, and I am looking for the best possible cut. So in reference to your repsonse, "use the search feature we had this same exact question last week", you are wrong.

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

u mean to tell me nothing about best 21"? nothing in that last thread about how they cut? do u think we would not use the best? dont u think we try to get the best we can?

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Scottie, I know i dont buy the best 21 inch mower. Ussually just gte the cheapest one with height adjustment on the wheels!

7. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Do you think your 22" craftsman is the best cut out there? I have had a craftsman and beleive me, they are not the best cut. If you believe they are, I feel sorry for you customers. This is my point!

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

9. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

thanks

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I took that post to be about what was the most economical approach to purchasing a trim mower. ;)

I have two of the older sensation mowers that I have mesh catchers with. I also have a yardman 6.5hp that I use for larger applications that need a trim mower.

As for the topic of what 21" delivers the best cut my answer would be the Snapper because their decks seem to promote the highest amount of vacuum. You would also need to replace those polastic wheels with a steel rimmed, wide rubber tread to eliminate rutting the turf.

Kris