Best $2K w/b for the money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Aug 11, 2003.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Good afternoon guys,

Been a while, but glad to be back in the saddle again. I'm looking to spend a couple of thousand here soon on a w/b 32" or 36" mower. I don't want to beyond $2K.

Can you guys recommend me a fixed gear, w/b that's the most bang for the buck? And why?

Thanks again,

BAMARED

2. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark, 36" Metro w/ 13HP Kawi is a little above 2k but WELL worth the extra 200 bucks.

Why- Exmark has the best cut and one of the best MFG support (sponsor here). Best way to decide is find the best dealer in your area and find out what brand is sold there. If you don't have a good dealer for support for breakdowns, then don't get it from them.

Demo units. Exmark, Hustler, Toro are my choices in that order.

Scot

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

In a fixed deck belt drive with pistol grips,I would buy the one with the most horsepower,reguardless of the brand..In your price range..:)

4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark 36 in pistol grip 12.5 Kaw $1995

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto. No question with me :)

6. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

Gravely fixed-decks w/b's have no tool height adjustment...just pull out pins then put back in. I'm checkin on a prosteer 36" for next season. $2500 MSRP or somethin like that.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Same as Scotlawncare,Rhett,Keith said it's a great little mower

8. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Guys,

Thanks so much for the replys. By the way - why do the majority of ya'll opt for the 36" vs. the 32"?

Thanks again,

BAMARED

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

take me for example, I bought a 32", what a waste of money. I should have bought more 36". Every time that I use the 32 I think to myself that I should have just spend the extra money for the 36". Sometimes it feels like the 32" is pointless.

10. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I like my 36" Scag. It flies and doesn't miss a beat. $2400.00. Dealer and Service shop 5 min away.