Best 3 Point Mounted Aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yacht, Oct 8, 2003.

1. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a 3point hitch mounted aerator to pull behind a B7800 30HP Kubota Tractor. Do any of you have any suggestions on whats a good brand? I saw a LESCO brand at my Lesco dealer that looked good but just not real sure since this is a new market for me.

Thanks in advance

:)

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was going to suggest, was the Classen. This is what Lesco uses. You can find it if you look for Classen Mfg. I'm not sure if there is a price difference, but there probably isn't, and if you get it through Lesco, you have access to parts and such (not that you'll need any - because this thing is built rock solid). This is one nice unit.

3. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Runner - Thanks for the feedback. Is Classen the name of the manufacturer or the model name of the LESCO product? BTW I'm originally from your area...Imlay City.

4. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

I have the agrimetal.com 3 point aerator that I pull behind my tractor. It is 48" wide and weighs about 800 pounds. Pulls some really great plugs.

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I like my Ryan...

jdinaction.jpg

6. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Aerated....

aerated3.jpg

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Aeravator, unless you need to pull cores for changing soil structure.

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is the Classen site. Click image for link.

[​IMG]

9. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Alta - Thanks for the pics they're cool! Nice tractor setup can you tell me the price range for the aerator you have on the back of your JD tractor? Is it PTO driven? Do you think its getting a little late in the season for aerating and overseeding?

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Aerators are NOT PTO driven... they just roll. Look into the Classen,... it IS the same one Lesco uses for theirs. - One in the same.