Best 30" or 32" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Siesta Key Lawn Service, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,
    I have a lot of small lawns,I have been using 21" Toros. I would like to upgrade to a 30" or 32" mower. What are your recommendations?

2. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 33" Billy Goat this sping for 1100. Not perfect, but darn good for the price.

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Not 100% sure, but I have seen a few threads on here that Quick is coming out with a 32" mower for next spring ('08) You might try a search for it on this site. Dont know much about them, but they may be suitable for you. I know Toro makes a 32" but it doesnt have the floating deck. The Quick seems pretty compact and weighs a little less then others.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

toro does make a 32 floating deck with the t bar-awesume mower!

5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Wasn't aware of that. Just was going off the information that was availiable on the website for their wb's. I didnt notice a 32" wb with floating deck.

http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/midsize/index.html

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

for some stupid reason they dont even show it in their sales booklets either. its a very popular mower around here even if toro dosnt advertise they even make it. i like them so much i bought 2!

7. dbrockner

dbrockner LawnSite Member

32 inch Wright Stander

8. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I had a 36" stander,it didnt work well for me.Too many complaints about ruts in the yard. The tire were very narrow. I would prefer a walkbehind.

9. Jordan River

Jordan River LawnSite Member

Give a look to the Toro 34" Z. It has a floating deck, and I have gotten it into places I never thought would take anything but a 21" or a walk-behind. It has saved me so much time, and it gives the lawns a great cut. Plus you ride it....!!!

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

BOP advertised in the latest issue of TURF that they will have the Quick 32 next year ... wait until then and buy that one, you'll be glad you did !!