1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best 32" Hydro???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hermanator, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

What is the best one? looking at the snapper, ferris so far. needs to be a hydro. preffer a dual hydro, but don't know if any one makes a dual 32".
  2. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Wright Stander 32

Twin Hydros

Your choice of engines: 15 hp Kawasaki V-Twin w/ Recoil Start or the 17 hp Kawasaki V-Twin w/ both recoil and electric start.
  3. Hermanator

thanx, but i mean walk behind. we have a 32" wright, but it leaves way to many ruts. excellent mower, just to heavy for the rear wheel size.
  4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Wright velke 32 inch cut with pistol or v turn controls.
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

have you checked out Lesco? i believe theirs all have dual pumps. but i could be mistaken.

Edit : They only make a 36" Hydro. sorry
  6. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a 36" Scag dual hydo drive w advantage deck as my 1st mower 5 years ago and is still running strong today. Don't have an hour meter on it but would guess over 2500 hrs on it. Has been very reliable. Just put my first spindle in it last week, only because 1 of the guys hit something and busted the housing. I plan on buying another one next year.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Doesnt exmark have/had a 32" viking hydro mower. I know it was a fixed deck and I beleive it had a 15hp kohler engine on it. I'll have to check my catalogs from a coup;e years back.

CWRSNY LawnSite Member

I have been considering a 32" Stander for my small residential accounts..Does it rut that badly??? Whats everyones thoughts?? I could not fit anything bigger through the gates of my customers.

Thanks Mike
  9. Hermanator

We have one and it's for sale. Leaves serious ruts. you can see them in 60% of the yards we mow weekly and thats when it's not raining in the last week. Do yourself a favor and don't get it. It's a very well built mower for sure, but the tire width and weight are a mismatch.
  10. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

I'm sure that the 32" stander won't work for all... For me, it's excellent. I mow 95% St. Augustine lawns and 5% Bermuda. Don't get me wrong though, there are certain lawns it doesn't work as well on (the ones that hold water/drainage issues, and thin/neglected lawns). It really shines on nicely maintained properties. Also, you should make sure to avoid the previous weeks tracks...