1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best 36 inch wb's for the $

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 24, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Was possibly in the market for a 36-42 in wb and would like some opinions on who has the most affordable commercial unit that gives u the most bang for the buck. I'm trying to stay under $2000 ( so if possible, i'll purchase a slightly used unit). I've heard a lot about the quick 36. I see some guys and hear that people carry the skags. There's so many different brands out there. I hear a hydro is a lot easier to maintain that a belt drive but they cost a lot more don't they? And if anyone has one for sale in nice condition at a good price please let me know
  2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

idk what 36 you could get new for 2000 but the quick36 has to be close to that. it is a single hydro and nothing but good reviews for it. dealer support is the main thing wen it comes to other brands. hydros cost more than belts but i think they are worth it
  3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

What is the ordering delay on a quick 36 these days?

I had a 36" toro t bar ordered over two weeks ago and I'm getting sick of waiting on it.
  4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

To my knowledge there is no ordering delay on Quick 36's....I think that WAS on the 44...but they are shipping em now from what I can tell on other posts. Took me a couple days to get my Samurai last year.
    By the way...Quick 36--best 36 money can buy.
  5. violatorjf

violatorjf LawnSite Member

I would do some window shopping at your local equipment dealer and see if any 36's compare in quality & price to the quick 36. I would even tell them you can get a quick 36 delivered to your door for around $2350 (guessing with freight + tax). They should have some models in the $2500 price range so maybe you could sway them to your corner.
  6. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

They are still delayed on the quick44 as of last week. The quick 36 is coming within about 3 business days.

Andy Meadows
  7. irishsoul

irishsoul LawnSite Member
    from georgia

The Q-36!!! The best bang for the buck. The best customer service. The best delivery time. The best beast of a machine I could have hoped for at $2,600 with driveway delivery. I promise you that you will be VERY satisfied.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Not saying anything bad about the sopnsors hear. but be dammed sure you check out you dealer WELL before purchasing......

my eXmark dealer wants nothing to do with me, now that I have made a large purchase.....

the guy just acts like he has no time for me.
  9. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

That's not good. So what if u need service on the unit? Do commercial mowers come with good warranties? If so, then if it's covered, he has to do the repairs right? Exmarks are more expensive than most aren't they? Isn't a 36wb around $3000+ !?
  10. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

Ima Gravely mon all the way, BUT I purchased a exmark 36" 5 years ago and knock on wood never one problem