Best 36 wb for under $2500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SnoMan97, Apr 13, 2005.

1. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a new 36 wb. It will be a primary mower since I mow all residential lots Most of which are pretty small with gates. I would like to spend under $2500.
    I was checking out the Quick 36 Super Duty. Looks like a good deal. Dealer service is all I worry about with that one. I was given a price of $2499 for a Toro 36 from a local dealer but it doen't have the options of the Quick.

2. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Try BOBCAT-probably aroun $3,000.....but a real tough machine and would probably outlast some f the others!

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a new 36" Toro Proline belt drive mower w/ 13 HP Kawi engine and it is great!! I just got it so I can't really comment on it too much, but so far it seems like a great machine! I also have a 48" Bob-Cat belt drive mower w/ 15 HP Kawi engine, and I love it! Bob-Cat mowers have a great quality of cut and stripe and are really well built! I haven't ever used a Quick 36 so I can't really comment on it. I think you would be very happy if you buy Bob-Cat or Toro mowers. The 36" Toro was $2,790 w/bagger and tax out the door. A 36" Bob-Cat mower would probably be a little more expensive, around $3,000 or so. The 48" Bob-Cat mower was $3,300 w/ bagger and tax out the door, when I bought it new a year ago. BTW, Exmark WB mowers are the same as Toro. So, in conclusion, get a Bob-Cat or Toro mower and you will not be dissappointed!

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I you have Gravely dealer nearby, look at their ProG, on sale for $1999. It is a heck of a deal at that price. The Gravely is built very well, at least as well as an eXmark, and has a far superior deck height adjustment system. Also, a FULL 7 gauge deck, factory doubles kit option, and the Pro Steer option, which is the easiest belt control I've tried.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

where you are, getting parts from gary would probably take less than two days. if this mower has to go through EVERY gate, I would look at the ferris hydro cut 32" if it only has to go through most gates, I would buy the super duty. other than that, the gravelys are very solid machines.