Best 36" wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Mar 30, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I am upgrading this year and wanted to know what would be the best 36" wb? I was thinking exmark or something else but don't really know so if you guys could give me some advice that would be great! I want it to be able to stripe with it and I also want it to be a floating deck...Just want something good, so what do u think will be good for me????Thanks for helping out a young man trying to make some cash!:waving:

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We have a Exmark 36" Metro. I love it.

3. Lauder Landscaping

Lauder Landscaping LawnSite Member

Best 36" mower is the Ferris Hydrocut

4. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Scag 36" hydro with the advantage deck, Cleanest cut I have had from a mower in 20 years. Just know your mowers limitations and buy from a reputable dealer.

5. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

How 'bout the new 36" Toro w/ "Turbo Force" deck? It's a fixed deck though. Anyone know about these?

hillndale

6. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Couldn't agree with you more. Mr. trinity. Bought this think when i was a senior in hs 5 yrs ago as a basic means of establishing credit.

Thing is an animal!

7. ronniez71

ronniez71 LawnSite Member

Scag advantage deck!!! Awsome machine I got the 52' advantage floating deck!

8. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper makes a pretty good one. Pro Hydro

9. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Although alot of people like it, Id stay away from the Lesco 36inch WB. It runs awesome, but the cut leaves something to be desired. I think something was wrong with mine from the factory, but still havent found anything.....

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry to resurrect this one, but I am totally with you about the Lesco. That was my first WB. What a piece of crap. Yokes are welded so poorly... Carpal Tunnel pistol grips... Slower than most other 36" WB... Minimal baffling under the deck that causes all sorts of grief on any sort of real growth... I'd like to just pull the Kawasaki engine off of it and throw the rest of it off a cliff...