Best 48" Grass Handeling Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2_Djinn, Aug 7, 2005.

1. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn LawnSite Member

Im currenty looking to replace my current Toro rider (48" 25hp Kohler, Pretty much a Walker copy)

[​IMG]

The cut isnt all that bad. I had bought it used and now it has 1456 hours on it and is getting pretty rode out. I dont want to get a walker for the fact that ive demoed them and I would rather have my Toro. Now I havent been able to look at or try the Exmark Navigator or the similar models made by Bob-cat or Jacobsen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems everyone runs Walkers around here and a few Toros. One thing I do like about the Walkers is that they have a dual back wheel option so that you can get rid of the 3rd wheel in your stripes. I dont use sulkys for that reason.

Figured I would check with you guys for some feedback on the other brands. Someone is bound to have checked them out.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I would look at the Navigator. I did some comarisons on it and i like it better. I am obviosly no expert or anything. Also, even with the double back wheel, i think it will still give you a line in the middle of your line because it is not as wide as the front wheels. My 2 Cents.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I would stay very far away from the bobcat and Jacobsen. The cog belt driving deck is just a maintenance nightmare. And they just don't cut as well as the toro or walker. I haven't seen a exmark yet. But I bet its a good choice.

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Why dont you look back into a new toro like the one you have.........as far as price it will be cheaper than the exmark and they do pretty much the same thing and you will have extra $$$$ in your walet.

Exmark has Toro beat in WBs (but they wont if the rumor about a 60" turboforce wb is true and man i hope it true is especially with a 23Hp)
    Toro has Exmark beat in ZTRs for sure