Best 48" Walk behind under 5K

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stringblade, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

Hello all,

I have always used Toro but Im not stuck on it by any means. I need a new 48" hydro mower

Please tell me what mower you think is best for the money and are hydro pistol grips rough on hands like the belt drives?

2. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

only decent hydro I know of under 5000 our is the snapper sw20, you can get a sw30 52" for 4599 which is better then the sw20.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I went from a Bobcat pistol belt to a Exmark TTHP with ECS and the spring pressure and fatigue factor was much worse IMO on the Exmark Hydro.

4. KPW LawnCare

KPW LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Better Outdoors Product Duick 44'' dually.

5. Stringblade

from pgh pa

I always wondered about the better outdoor products, I mean the price looks great the size and weight also but are they really comparable to toro exmark scag etc..? maybe someone who owns them could give me some insight

Thanks in advance

6. KPW LawnCare

KPW LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

7. Stringblade

from pgh pa

Thanks i did a search on here and read all the pros and cons not convinced its right for my operation 100 lawns per week..

8. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

bobcat would be a good one to look at. Around here Encore is pretty strong.

9. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the exmark viking 48" hydro is under $5K, it is a fixed deck hydro, but it has the ECS controls which alot of people do not like, but then again, lots of folks do like them. Exmarks hydros are pretty good too, Ive had a TT and TTHP for years with no issues on either hydro, never even had to add fluid yet!

10. DirtRider

DirtRider LawnSite Member

There are deals to be had if you look hard enough. I just bought a Toro 48", floating deck, hydro with a mulch kit OTD for $5600. A little over the price you are looking for.