1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best 52'' zero turn??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ZRX, Mar 19, 2006.

1. ZRX

ZRX LawnSite Member

Who seems to have the best (bang for the buck) zero turn?
    Toro, exmark,hustler,deere,Etc.
    What engine?

What Im looking for is dependbility, quality cut, easy maint.

THANKS for your input!!!!!!!!

There is a dealer with alot of non current toros for very good prices here.
    Toro ztr 148;s 44'' sfs 18 hp. kohler single cyl.
    What do you think about these???
  2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I have said this a million times so i will say it again TORO....best bang for the buck!....ASWESOME CUT QUALITY!!!......WONDERFUL DEPENDABILITY.....and hardly any maintance.....i have a 52" 27Hp with Turbo Foce deck...I LOVE IT
    What ever mower you decide on try to get the biggest engine you can....Also Toro came out with 30 Hp Engines....Right of the top of my head i dont believe that they have the 27Hp on the brandnew ones....I can only imagine 30Hps on a 52" (BAD@SS) When i have to renew my zero turn i will FOR SURE go with another Toro ztr!!

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

My toro has done well.

60" 27hp. Lets just say my next machine will be a toro.
  4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Check out a 52" Wright Stander.

I also agree, get the highest HP engine you can on whatever machine you decide on.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess the answer to that depends on the pricing where you are.

Here the top 5 in that class are...

1) 23hp 54" Lesco Z-two
    2) 23hp 52" Gravely 152Z
    3) 23hp 52" Grasshopper 223/52
    4) 23hp 52" Country Clipper
    5) 23hp 52" Bob-Cat ZT-223
  6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The one you asking is an old Toro, SFS stinks, with 18 koh, that thing won't cut. You need new Turbo Force deck so your money is worth if you want Toro but you pay the price. Envy listed the best list of 52" Z cause he really does serious research and I totally agreed with his list.
  7. ToroLandscaper

I agree MTR the SFS deck isnt good...at all and a 18Hp with a 48" Deck on any mower that would be VERY underpowered Go with a 27hp with 52" Turbo Force deck!!!!
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've always thought the 27/52 would be tuff...
    But, ESPECIALLY with that adjustable Turboforce deck.
    I bet it's mean...

I just listed the "bang for the buck" mowers though.
    Toro isn't priced near that low here, especially not those models.
  9. ToroLandscaper

Here i got my mower for 6800.00 plus tax and they threw in a extra set of blades...the way i got it at such a good price is the place i bought it from was discountinuing toro....when i purchased mine and all the mowers were on sale sometimes i kinda wish i would have gotten a 60" with 27 Hp (7000.00) in addition to mine NOT becouse i needed it but becouse it would have been a very low houred machine when i sold it and i dont believe i would have lost that much money (no more then like 400.00) on it and they also had a 27 LC 60" for 7200.00 which lookin back on it was a AWESOME DEAL! O well im VERY happy with what i got and it has paid its self off thats for sure!
  10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

52"/27 Turbo force deck for 6800 + tax? Dam, you are lucky sob. I bet you bought last year price...definitely cause there is no such THING out the door this year. EVery manufacturer has hiked their Z price like space shuttle, at $6800 nowaday you will get a 48" with a baby 19hp. So, if anyone can find something good deal like an 05 price, left over slightly different from 2006 model, SNATCH it cause once it is gone it is gone...and it is also expensive to look for good reliable used machines in market, EVERYONE wants the Z!:hammerhead:
    I found a guy with SFS deck 52"/27 koh Toro (not turbo force, repeat not turbo force:cool2: ) with 1100 hrs on his meter, he was asking $6000 firm, so you get some ideas.