Best adhesive?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by 600rrpilot, Aug 31, 2007.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot LawnSite Member
    from nj

As a spin off of another thread... What have you guys found to be the best adhesive for caps and some decorative designs requiring adhesives? I agree with whomever in another post that it seems to me that guys are relying on and using a little too much adhesive in places where maybe theres a better alternative? ideas? thoughts?

2. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

PL without a doubt.

3. KPJK

KPJK LawnSite Member

PL Landscape Block Adhesive by far Quick setup timme

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We have always sworn by PL Contruction adhesive. I have always wondered about their landscape adhesive but have never tried it.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

While on the topic, has or does anyone use SRW Adhesive? We have been to a couple of seminars that swear by it, nad saw it is flexible enough to withstand freeze thaw cycles.

6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

http://alliancedp.com/XXX.html#

PL is ok at best. It doesn't always hold and is so easy to peel off brick after a year or so. Check out this glue by Alliance. No way you are moving a cap after using this stuff.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i have a job to build 50 columns... we glue every course, so that's 70 pallets of block glued together....

anybody know where i can save some money on PL?

8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I would be talking to the people who sell you the block and ask them to throw in the pl for free. Ask, and I bet they do it for you.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

LOL,

that's $1K of glue...
    i'll give it a try, but we already got a huge price break on the block, so i would doubt they will do it.