1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Advertising Method

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Blades Lawn Maintenance, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

What worked best for you????

Besides word of mouth cause that is the easiest one lol :)

2. upkeeplawnscape

upkeeplawnscape LawnSite Member

Try Craigslist..post an image that looks professional (look up the video tutorial on youtube) make sure that you post an as low as that is higher than anyone else so that you weed out the people wanting their lawns cut for free. I post sod and mulch jobs seperately, but post both ads daily. Have been lucky enough that I have to bid extremely high because I have too much work and still get some of those! Good luck!

3. kgflyboy

kgflyboy LawnSite Member
    from MO

I had a lot of success this year with direct mail postcards. I only sent out 1000 as a test batch, and I picked up a few accounts. It was well worth the cost. Next year I will send out more.

4. NYLawns

NYLawns LawnSite Member

SEO. Search Engine optimization. Like this: Syracuse Landscaping

Google will realize that the keyword "Syracuse Landscaping" links to my website often. Therefore, when potential clients search "Syracuse Landscaping" google tells them our website is relevant to their search.

5. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. This.

My website is by far my least expensive advertising effort and it is the source of my best accounts.

6. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

Not many people mention this but hire a local marketer that will put a program together to get you leads. You will either pay a set monthly fee or pay per lead. It works for as I get about 10 to 15 leads a month from it. They also target more specific areas and more specific jobs that I'm looking for. But don't get me wrong, I am totally against large corporation when generating leads such as servicemagic. I just use a local small, family owned company, that will get you your moneys worth.