Best Advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dannyboy20, Mar 31, 2007.

1. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

From experience what do you guys find to be more effective, Placing flyers or door hangers. Or simply running an add in the local paper.

2. edhuffman777

edhuffman777 LawnSite Member

it really just depends on the area your in, i have did all of those, just to give you an idea you might want to expect 3 clients out of 100 flyers passed out, the best advertising is word of mouth, it beats all 3 of those, but out of those 3 i would do flyers in preferrably a newly constructed subdivision, i always have better luck in new subdivisions with flyers, goodluck

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Multiple means of advertising is the only effective means of advertising!!!

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I get more responses from the newspaper and direct mail. I haven't really had much luck with fliers and door hangers.. But everyone is different you just have to try and see which works best for you because I know a couple of guys who do very well with fliers but it just doesn't do the job for me

5. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

All the above answers are true...My direct mail (USPS self mailer) is hands down the best for me. 1500 of those to target streets and i get 3X the response in one week, than classified ads running for 2 months.

6. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

I always found newspaper ads to be the most effective.

7. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

How do you "direct mail" exactly?
    With everyone always complaining about tampering with mail boxes and junk mail?

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Flyers and door hangers... but the best is work of mouth.

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

The best jobs come from referrals. your current clients reccomending you to a friend always works out the best and its free.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Im not to far from brampton. I should give it a try.

Cheers
    Jeff