Best advetising for your dollar?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TXNSLighting, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I tried val pak which got us a couple calls but no sells. And ive recently tried door hangers which also got no response. Is direct mail my last hope?

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

have you tried HOA newsletters or home and garden shows? just thinking outloud...

3. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

i have thought about em, but never tried, never knew where to get into it.

4. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't call direct mail your last hope. Direct mail is the single best return on investment for my business. I got started with direct mail, and it shot me straight to the level I wanted to be at. It's expensive, but I think you'll find the more you spend the more you will make. With direct mail, however, you have to be consistent. You have to keep your ad in front of the potential client by sending pieces to them several times. Don't think you can send them a card and move on. That method will be as good as throwing your money away.

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Home shows have by far given me the best ROI. I did 50,000 pieces of direct mail 3 weeks ago with only 3 calls. I am somewhat disapointed with it, but I will still wait and see. Chris- Check your PM

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Weve used this somewhat direct mail magazine that is only advertisements to the highend people. ill send you a pm

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

ok im going to start looking into home shows.

8. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

You know, different markets respond to different things. As Tim stated, he gets the best results from home shows, and a good friend of mine in Central Florida swears by magazines. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on high-end magazine ads with no results to show for it.

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

lets see we got one job off 4 months in a high end magazine...1350/month...

10. Mataman

Mataman LawnSite Member

How do you set up your site for a Garden/Home Show? Do ya drag in some plants? Blocks, maybe a little water feature? Anybody have a sample pic?