1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Best all around chute blocker for scag velocity 61"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCut Lawn Care, Jan 5, 2008.

  1. ProCut Lawn Care

    ProCut Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    Posts: 49

    I have a 06 Turf Tiger with the mulch plate I ran this fall that did fine. I am looking at buying a chute / blade blocker that can be opened or closed as I have aquired several commercial properties this winter that are on busy main roads. I will run it open 80% of the time and closed the other 20%. I want something easy to open and close, the problem is with the velocity's rounded rear opening. I have looked at the trimmer trap version where you can heat the flap with a heat gun and form it to the contour of the deck but was wondering if this is the only option for a velocity deck? Thanks.

    Anyone that is running this or any other version please let me know how you like your setup and what it is.
  2. retrodog

    retrodog LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,421

    You need to check with advanced chute systems to see if they offer an application. That is what we run, and they are very heavy duty. Pretty cool just to open and shut as we are moing around cars and flower beds. They are around $200, but will save you alot of money in windshield repair.

    DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 5,778

    I checked the advanced chute systems website for my mower and i noticed they have one for yours
  4. chuck bow

    chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 701

    ACS is the best on the market
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

    grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,503

    Maybe not the answer you are looking for......I have the ACS on the ''advantage deck'' and I have to agree it works great....not sure if they have an application for the ''velocity '' deck.....but the ACS is great


Share This Page