best and worst buys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, Feb 4, 2006.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

OK there fellas. lets hear what your best purchase was and then your worst purchase. Let er rip.........

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see, worst purchase? I havent purchased anything that was really bad to start with, so I guess thats not a concern.

Best on the other hand, would be my PB4600 backpack blower, which is totally awesome, followed quite closely by my husky 323L though I dont use it enough to justify a husky.

3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Best...My boat
    Worst...My boat

As far as lawn equipment...I bought a 4x8 open trailer when I first started. Boy o Boy, it looked big to me until I got more into the business. Had to upgrade. I still have it and put it to use, but everytime I look at it I just shake my head:nono:

Best...FIOS internet connection to keep up with this site:rolleyes:

kc

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Best: Billy Goat WB 10 HP blower

Worst: Solo Backpack blower & WeedEater Trimmers (went through 3 in about a 2 month period)

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

OK I'll bite
    I confess I've made all sorts of bad buys. Get this after 4 years as an applicator I got tired of loosing business to other LCOs that offered weekly maintenance, so I walked into Sears and asked their lawn and garden "expert":dizzy: What I needed to start a mowing business. I walked out with a 30" 10 hp "commercial" rididng mower, 2 - 22" front wheel drive 1 speed (slow) crap mowers with the big 14" rear wheels because according to their "expert":eek: that's what the pros were using. :cry:
    I was young and busy and in a hurry and I paid a price but I learned.

Best puchase for mowing would be my Toro T-bar 36" gear drives, go anywhere last forever, and my load handler.:cool:

6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Worst buy... was a 61 in zero turn mower, most my yards are less than 7,000 sq ft. Mower was too big and was tearing up my yards. I sold it

Best buy... Classen split drive aerater, man I love that aerater.

7. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Encore z34 - I never liked that mower when I had it. The slightest little slope and it was like it was on ice it would slide so bad.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Back in the day, best purchase good beer, worst purchase a bottle of cheap Tequila :p was sick for hours!

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Worst, Dumbests, least thought out, most spotanious buy that ive made thus far: Honda rear engine rider mower (for sale boys!!!lol)

Best: either my eXmark or my Redmax

10. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

best exmark mowers and redmax trimmers worst stihl bps