best attatchment for snowremoval

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by JML, Dec 28, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought a bobcat 753, what do you think the most productive attatchment would be, snow blower, snow blade, bucket, etc. thanks

joe

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of variables in that one. If you get frequent storms that produce large amounts of snow, I would opt for the blower. If you're working an area that needs to be cleaned every 2-inches, go for the blade. You can get a wider blade, and cover more area, all while still being able to scoop and lift like a bucket. Just my .02

-Tim

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I second the blade. Unless you are doing large parking lots. My skid steers are doing condos, so I use the blade.

Geoff

[Edited by GeoffDiamond on 12-28-2000 at 10:29 PM]

4. HC

HC LawnSite Member

While plowing one of our customers lots, I watch another company clearing an adjacent lot with a skid steer and a pusher box. He finishes long before me. The little bugger even stacks the snow twice as high as my pickup. O well, at least I am warmer and can drink my coffee while I plow. Go for a protech or avalance!!

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

6. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

look at the ffc pusher box. it allows you to back drag from garage doors, along with the capture ability of a regular pusher box.
    Dino

7. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

I have a new 753 with 8' blade we use in townhouse complexs, works great except on hills or in heavy snow, plenty of power, not enough weight. If I was to do over again I would have bought 7' blade & put Pro-wings on. Bobcat also makes an end kit for their plows, turns plow into pusher, sides fold back when not in use. If you decide to go with a full size pusher I would buy a 6'. All depends on you use.

8. ARE ANY OF THE PUSH BOXES any better than the others or is it just who sells them in your area . looking into gettin one and was wondering which one.

9. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Best attachment for a skid is good heat and something to hold coffee.Next would be a protech

10. Guest

PRO-TECH snow pusher would be the best choice