Best Attatchmet Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 27, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I need to pick up a Blower and a Multi tool trimmer tommorrow. Im wondering which to get. I want one that can be an edger, trimmer, broom, pruner, hedge clipper, all that stuff. I also want to get one that is a large horse motor for brush cutting. thanks for your suggestions.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

anyone run redmax w/attatchments?

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

If you want big motor, There are only two brand that offer over 30cc. Maruyama

http://www.maruyama-us.com/products/default.aspx?id=324

and Stihl KM130.

Both don't have short reach hedge clipper attachments. Maruyama has five years commercial warrante. Problem is finding a dealer. I am not going to say anymore about 4Mix.

Echo Pro attachment series has most of the attachments but only 25.4cc.

Hey Happy Frog, where are you. You can tell him your experience.

Others are even smaller.

4. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

The sthil KM130 is the only way to go.

5. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

:usflag:I have used the echo and it worked well for what it was but i wouldnt waste money on the attachment series. They are hard to store and it takes time to switch out heads. It costs more money for each unit but it its well worth it in the long run. But to each its own.:usflag:

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

what about the stihl FS 250 series?, even bigger and has all the Kombi attatchments

7. yungman

from Calif.

No they don't. In fact FS250 have less option. It just a big mama!!

Watch out the cost of all the attachments. They can really add up and they are heavier too. You also have to be careful not to get dirt into the joint openings when you change attachments. I like individual tool, but that's just me.

8. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I use two Echo PAS-265 and I have most of the attachments.
    They have plenty of power for me and at the end, it is much cheaper than buying complete units for everything.
    Also, if you have problems with a power head, it takes but just a minute to change it.
    I would not recommend having only one power head. Two or three is better so you actually do not swap attachment very often.
    Don't forget to use 89 octane (or better). Lower octane rating will not give you as much power in Echo equipment.

9. yungman

from Calif.

See I know you'll come through!!!!:waving::waving:

Does Echo have 28cc PAS? I don't see it on the web.

10. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

No....

But, IMHO ECHO is a very good brand. I have a handful of ECHO edgers, line & hedge trimmers & blowers. Their blowers, IMHO suck. I like STIHL, but their edgers, etc don't even compare to ECHO. I also have a STIHL KM130 & for power I love it!!! But for weight distribution, etc i HATE it!!! Accessory attachments are great for backup equiptment or for things that you don't use to often, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I started with nothing but ECHO trimmers & edgers (all PAS), an MTD 21" & an ECHO blower!!!:usflag: