Lawn Care Forum banner

best avertising

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Lux Lawn 
#1 ·
woorking on avertising for this upcomming year what has worked best for you guys? i dont want to spend a **** ton and i already know about craigslist so whats worked best for you???:dizzy::dizzy:

#2 ·
advertising is a bear. I read on here the other year when I started up to have a huge advertising budget. I kind of blew that advice off thinking it'd be cheap and easy, but it's not. I tried everything I could think of from t-shirts and hoodies with my company name, lettered truck/trailer, local newspapers, c-list, website, postcards, fliers, word of mouth, placemats in restaurants...nothing worked except a few things: the signs on the truck got me a few good customers while I was out working, I landed a few from fliers/doorhangers and ALL of my snow plowing accounts came from those plastic yard signs. The yard signs outta be simple and clean looking. I just ordered 15 more yesterday for mowing. Also, make them specific. The first round of signs I had made had too much on them. I listed all my services, my company logo, phone #....the new ones say "SNOW PLOWING" with a clip art image of a plow truck and my number and that's it. I also made about a dozen and move them around from place to place every couple weeks. so far those stupid signs have landed me the most work but I haven't tried it for mowing yet. They're about 15 bucks a piece after printing, buying the wire stands and shipping, but spending 200 bucks on signs and getting even one customer will pay all of them off pretty quick. Give those a try, just don't put your signs next to mine :drinkup:

#4 ·
Signs work, i put them out in march, but get more week before people start to mow. i get 20 a year, face book is the biggest thing to work, and free ad listing does the best for me, since we live next to a big lake that has 80% that live their are from Ohio. We push hard on clients, but truck and equipment helps bring in more money cuz people want to see the best out their!

#5 ·
"it's not what you know, it's who you know"

NETWORK.

I am currently a one person after hours operation, yet with professional marketing and website for the impression of a large company. None of it matters if nobody knows you or you have no relationships. I have a tough time approaching people I know or asking friends and family to pass out my business cards because its a pride issue - but all of my work except for one job has come from doing just that - networking and just putting yourself out there.

But I will admit that a nicely designed yard sign in a high traffic area will in fact draw attention as I had a few GCs contact me with just one sign.

#6 ·
advertising is a bear. I read on here the other year when I started up to have a huge advertising budget. I kind of blew that advice off thinking it'd be cheap and easy, but it's not. I tried everything I could think of from t-shirts and hoodies with my company name, lettered truck/trailer, local newspapers, c-list, website, postcards, fliers, word of mouth, placemats in restaurants...nothing worked except a few things: the signs on the truck got me a few good customers while I was out working, I landed a few from fliers/doorhangers and ALL of my snow plowing accounts came from those plastic yard signs. The yard signs outta be simple and clean looking. I just ordered 15 more yesterday for mowing. Also, make them specific. The first round of signs I had made had too much on them. I listed all my services, my company logo, phone #....the new ones say "SNOW PLOWING" with a clip art image of a plow truck and my number and that's it. I also made about a dozen and move them around from place to place every couple weeks. so far those stupid signs have landed me the most work but I haven't tried it for mowing yet. They're about 15 bucks a piece after printing, buying the wire stands and shipping, but spending 200 bucks on signs and getting even one customer will pay all of them off pretty quick. Give those a try, just don't put your signs next to mine :drinkup:
The things that didn't work cut back spending in those areas. The advertisements that worked, increase spending in those areas. I have been thinking about doing some press releases in the local paper.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.