1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best back pack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, May 29, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I am trying to find out what you guys think is the best back pack blowe i have always used stihl 420c magnums and i love them what do you guys think is the very best and most powerful back pack blower?
  2. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Copy your question into the search box and see what you come up with about Redmax 7001's and the 8000.
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, if you want the absolute baddest, most powerful blower on the planet, the Redmax 8000 is KING... I have it's queen, the 7001, and it is about @ double the power of the Br 420 I used to have last year..

If you are a hardcore Stihl guy though, check out the br 550... It's about 3/4 as strong as my Redmax 7001. And we ( my former employer ) picked up three of them For $399 + tax each without even trying to beat the dealer on the price. Contray to some reports on them, they are really a good machine, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, either. They are very easy on fuel in our experience.
  4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

how much is the remax 8000 or 7001??
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

You can find the 7001 for as little as $400, I think I've seen it one E-bay for $389.

The cheapest I've been quoted on the 8000 is $429 here locally. Which is an absolute steal in my book, but that was assuming we we're buying 3 at a time..Expect to pay $459 or so, give or take $20... Even if you had to pay a $50 premium to get an 8000 over any other blower made, it'd still be worth it.

BTW, I really wouldn't be too apt to get one off of e-bay, simply because of the shipping..
  6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have 3 EB630's and I will continue using Shindaiwa's.. They are coming out with a new 80CC blower next year, I can't wait for that one..
  7. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I got a new EBZ8000 last week off EBAY for $435.00 plus 32.00 shipping and ins. I like it alot!
  8. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

REDMAX 7001 and never look back.