Best backback blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colbyjh, Jun 9, 2011.

1. cole32

cole32 LawnSite Member

I run a stihl br 550, and it is a great running machine.

13 years old, and making money:weightlifter:

2. colbyjh

colbyjh LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the information everyone. I decided to go with the Echo 770T. I figured if I'm going to spend the money I might as well get the extra power at the cost of a little comfort.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Don't be misled by the fact that the Stihl doesn't sound as powerful as some of the other big BP blowers. The 4 stroke engine just sounds weaker. It isn't.

It is a great machine, and will move anything that ever needs to be moved.

I bought my BR600M off a LCO who went out of business last year due to our crappy economy here. It was only 5 months old (saw the receipt, and know the dealer he bought it from, and I saw his copy too), and I paid $225 for it. It looked like brand spanking new. I could have bought an FS 90R for $125 too, but I didn't have quite enough cash on me at the moment and someone else was coming to look at it before I could get to an ATM. :-(

CL can be a great place to find stuff like this for a lot less money than the dealers want.

4. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

Congrats on the awesome purchase man. Thumbs Up From what I hear, you'll love it. Great specs. Now get it dirty for 30 days, and come back and write a review!

5. Poontamer

Poontamer Banned

I would say the black n decker power boost fuahahahahaha
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Good used equipment can be found, and save's alot of dough.......

7. osborneslawncare

osborneslawncare LawnSite Member

bought myself a echo PB770T today. Itll tear a fat lady away from the buffet! highly suggest it:)

8. DanManofStihl

DanManofStihl LawnSite Member

Get the 802 and it will push the buffet away from the fat lady. LOL

9. colbyjh

colbyjh LawnSite Member

So I used my 770T on 5 yards today. I must say this thing is powerful. In one case too powerfull. There was a weed growing in a crack of the sidewalk and this thing ripped it out haha. You also have to be careful about getting to close to the edge of the grass.

The only downside is the weight. For a quick just clean off the sidewalk/driveway its no problem. But trying to clear a parking lot (that fine gravel) with it after cutting 4 other yards in near 100 degree weather wasn't so easy. The air on my back coming from the blower felt great though :)

Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase. Made a 10 minute sweeping job able to be done in whatever speed I want to walk.
    :drinkup:

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i would not buy a sthil br600 as my ONLY blower-too un reliable