1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Backpack Blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimmy Williams, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Jimmy Williams

Jimmy Williams LawnSite Member

I want to add a new backpack blower to my rig and am looking at Husqvarna, Stihl and Shindaiwa. I want a high performance model for large leaf removal jobs and blowing down parking lots. Which one do you guys prefer? Tks!
  2. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

well i would say a redmax 8000 becasue they are the best IMO. But if you are looking for a good blower look at the br600 from sthil and shindy 8510(i think that is the model). As fas as husky they suck when it cums to blowers. Go with redmax if you can but u can;t go wrong with a shindy or a stihl. LawnInOrder

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

REDMAX 8000, I have had one for a year and a half and beat the crap out of it and it has never missed a beat and by far the most powerful backpack I have had my others are 7001's
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Jimmy, they are right about the 8000. If there are no dealers around Rocky Mount (they probably are), called Right of Way in Raleigh. It really is the best blower out there.:)
  5. Hurricane Lawn

Hurricane Lawn LawnSite Member
    from alabama

Just got an EB630 Shindaiwa. Maybe not quite as powerful as a Redmax 8000, but not nearly as expensive or heavy either. And PLENTY powerful.
  6. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

Whatever us guys are using at the time is the best....know what I mean? I have a Husky, really never tried another so I say it's the best...is it? Probably not but its the best I ever used. So to answer your question....try as many as you can but probably all will serve you well.

ford vs chevy vs dodge
    Xmark vs hustler vs toro
    shin vs echo vs redmax

Flip a coin
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The Stihl BR420 is a tried and proven blower, not to heavy to use it year round. It doesn't have the power that the 600 has but that unit is a newer model not yet proven in my mind. You can't remove the end piece on the 600 for getting behind bushes and tight places. The 420 is still a straight 2 stroke and we found that it works well across all temperatues since is has adj. on carb. Nice to have a unit that starts at 100F.
  8. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

i just got a echo 413 for 240 new its pretty nice, but a little heavy. I would buy another.
  9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Echo backpacks have served us very well for a long, long time.
  10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i have an Echo 751 and its extremely powerful.... but extremely heavy! i heard echo just came out with a 755? some guy was telling me its supposedly lighter and a bit more powerful.... anyone heard about it?