1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by philmacrakken, Oct 9, 2006.

1. philmacrakken

philmacrakken LawnSite Member

My 7 year old Redmax EB 6200 backpack blower is on it's last legs. I'm trying to sift through all the specs and opinions as to which blower is best.Redmax Stihl,Shidaiwa.... Size and weight aren't much of a consideration, I want power.
  2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Get another RedMax:) . Ive had my EBZ4800 for 3 years and it works awesome. I'me getting another one this month, EBZ8000.
    I've heard that it's a Beast!
  3. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

7001 for me...Didn't like the extra weight of the 8000

Heard the new Shindaiwa is pretty awesome. Either one will be $$$ well spent.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would go with the new shin 8510!!!:cool2: :cool2: Yes we have a ebz8000!!
  5. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

I sell Shindaiwa and Kawasaki Power Products and love them both, however Shindaiwa claims the EB8510RT is the most powerful backpack blower on the market and according to there specs the Stihl BR600 is supposed to be the next most powerful unit.

I will give you the specs on the Shindaiwa:
    26.4 lbs
    2.0 liter fuel capacity
    705cfm/with 65mm nozzle at 207mph
    762cfm/with 70mm nozzle at 224mph

Now that's power. I suggest you go to your local Shindaiwa dealer and try one, they great. Better bring a wad of cash though retail price is $599.99.