Best Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 27, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I need to buy a blower this week and need to know what the most powerful one is. I would like to get a Stihl because the dealer is close but I can find pretty much anything if it is better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't want this to be a brand war, this brand is better then that brand etc, but I have the echo pb 755 and it is damn powerful. It starts 1st pull and pipe speed is 205mph.

3. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

love redmax 8001

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

OK thanks, I dont want a war either. Just want to know which is the most powerful one there is. Thats something that really isnt subject to opinion.

5. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sure if there was a poll the Stihl BR600 would win.

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Redmax 8001 and Echo PB755!!! Those are the two heavy weight champs!!!! The only way to find out which is the best is to have a duel to death!!!!......Have a pretty woman standing 25ft away. Start the blower and see who can blow her skirt up faster!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just pick either one and you will be happy.

7. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

I believe that the most powerfull on the market right now is the Shidaiwa EB8510. Max speed is 224mph Volume at nozzel 762 cfm at housing 1349 cfm Displacement of 79.7cc

This is compared to the Sthil BR600 max speed 201 mph Volume at nozzel 712 cfm at housing 1012 cfm and displacement of 64.8 cc

I have been debating on this for a while as well. The thing that I am not sure of is the fact theat they are both the new C4 and 4mix technology. I have heard good and bad about it, but I am really not sure if I want that - was thinking of maybe sticking with a true 2 cycle.

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Echo PB-755T!!!

9. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

i thought it was redmax buddy buy any one you want my thoughts the higher the out put the shorter the life i still have an old school echo pb 4000? starts and runs but compared to todays blowers it is useless then again todays backpacks are as strong as my old little wonder with the 8 ic briggs. try the hushy same as the redmax but cheaper and the shindwa has the same motor as well

10. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa EB8510 is supposed to be the biggest, baddest blower around.