Best backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Aug 17, 2004.

?

Which backpack blower mfg is best?

1. Echo

16 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Stihl

21 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Husqvarna

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Redmax

34 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best backpack blower? I'm looking for one to replace the one I had stolen Friday the 13th. The Echo PB403t I had was a good machine but I wonder if I can do better without spending $400.00. I've noticed that Stihl blowers with less air speed sell higher on ebay than Echo. Why would that be? I never had any problems with my Echo ($299) with 180 mph air speed. Some Stihls sell for over $350.00 with 160 mph air speed.

I've never owned a Stihl product but at the same time like my Echos.

Please help me decide.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I've never owned anything else besides shindaiwa and have been very happy with their blowers, so I can't really compare.

the redmax blowers look pretty good.

3. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Try looking for a RedMax 7001 on a deal as they've just come out w/ a new model 8000 and some dealers are discounting the 7001's. I've seen $419 and heard of $399. You'd be impressed w/ the volume of air moved.

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

This is an unjust poll, simply because most people have only owned one mfg. and thats what they will vote for.

Trevor

5. tsh1773

Then dont vote. Several companies around here use Stihl and Echo among others on one truck.

6. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

Try looking at some Huskys.For the price,they are well worth it.You won't be disappointed.

7. I have echo 650's right now ..Just bought a redmax 8000 and it comes in next week ..when i get to work it out then i'll state my opinion

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

homelite zip start, hands down..

but i like my redmax alittle better:)

9. tsh1773

I had homelite zip start and it stayed in the shop all the time. sold it for parts. no thanks.

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

that's sarcasm my friend. and i didn't think a shop would work on that anyway. you'd spend more in an hours labor rate then buying a new machine. I have and use everyday a red max and a husquvarna back pack blowers.