Best backpack sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by racer56, Jan 9, 2008.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Dad used Solo for years but this last time he bought a Shindaiwa 415 I think it was. I need the pump on the right hand side whatever it is.
  2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think you can go wrong with the Solo models, also the knock-offs that are basically Solo's but sold under a different name... At least they can be pumped from either side. I've not tried others, since my trailer rack only works for the Solo style.
  3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought two Shurflo battery powered backpack sprayers last spring. Other than replacing the wands they have been great. I plan on buying one or two more this spring.
  4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i am with lawnman i got the surflo also it works great...
  5. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

No doubt, shurflo!!!

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Solo/Lesco backpacks are nice and easy to rebuild, but when your'e ready to buy one to keep you can't go wrong with Birchmeir.
  7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Swissmex - SP1 or SP1E
  8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    check out this one .
    he stole my idea .
    I posted a home made one that looked just like this one here does back in Jan of 2005 .
    I should sue him
  10. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of purchasing one of the Fastpac units. Those that have been using them for a while, do you still like it as much as when you first got it? It really does look like a great product to cover those smaller yards. I'm a little concerned about reliability though.