Best bagging sysytems for ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Feb 18, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys, I am seeking a bagging system for my tirf tiger,for spring and fall clean ups. I realize a lot of people mulch here, but I just dont find the results I expect, from this. A bagging system for my Turf Tiger is what I am after, the idea system would allow you to bag or side dischare with little effort needed. The main idea is to charge clients xxx amount extra in October thru the end cutting season for leaf bagging. And as said, the muching did not produce the results we must have. Any recomendations is appreciated.

2. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

I use a John Deeere 665 and have a PeCo bagging system on
    it and I have had alot of problems with it.
    dump handle, latch system, arm pins falling out, boot wasn't designed right, air cleaner problems etc..etc.
    Just alot of little thing going wrong with it, and alittle
    priceeee I do believe I paid around $2400 w/6hp engine
    I do have employees using it so it gets abused by them.
    There is another company on here that I've talked too that
    is having the same problems. So the problem is the quality of this product. but they might have made changes by now
    mine was bought in may of 2000.

Just my thought on what not to get.

3. Dillon

Dillon LawnSite Member

I also have a Turf Tiger I use a Trac Vac system with mine works good. We have alot of leaves here in the fall and it does a good job and saves quite a bit of time. Go to Trac-vac.com and it should give you most of the info that you need. I think they run around $1800 for the Tiger

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the PECO on our dane chariot and thus far it worked quite well. As Gregg said it was a little pricey I think we have the 8hp Kohler COmmand on it. The one big gripe I have is the darned boot will never stay on. I think before next season I will make something up to hold the sucker on through anything.

Chris
    Precision Landscaping.

5. eggy

Dillon, what model did you buy?

6. Dillon

Dillon LawnSite Member

I have the 462z with the 5.5 honda on it . Also check with your dealer, Scag is coming out with there own unit. It will be similar to the New Exmark Bagger but Im not sure when it will be avalible for the Tiger. They have some info on it at Scag.com. The difference being the Scag unit will run off a spindle pully.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I paid 1450 for my trac-vac unit with 5.5 honda,installed on my 2000 Dixie chopper i got it from my local exmark dealer,I got a quote fo 1700 from where i bought the Dixie,and as high as 1900 from another dealer,so it pays to shop around with trac-vac.Mine is a 462Z also.

8. eggy

Thanks guys, I did notice the scag product for the tiger cub, maybe by fall they will have something like the exmark vac....if not the trac vac looks nice....Does the trac vac handle leaves well???? Also can you covert the trac vac to side discharge easy...On my route I do have some homes that will be mowed with others who will not want leaf removel. Go Dale JR!!!!

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I can convert from vacuum to disharge is 30 seconds,and back in a minute usually.At an industrial site I do I bag the front,they have a lot of pine trees,and maple trees,in the spring and fall,then i pop off the hose from the disharge chute,on the didxie,you pull 2 pins that go into the OCDC holes,then i just pull off the 10" hose from the inlet of the impeller/housing,which is a big hose clamp.I leave the hose clamp loose since vacuum holds it on while your bagging,it just slides off once you shut down the motor.You just have to remember the bagger is back there still after the chute is off.

10. eggy

John does the trac-vac itself shred the clippings or leaves any?? It didnt really say on the sight? How about clogging problems? Thanks!