best bagging ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tider, Apr 7, 2007.

1. tider

tider LawnSite Member

Hi, I have been reading alot of the messages here but just signed up. I need some professional advice before I invest $8000 to $12000 on a ZTR without hearing from some people that have worked around them. I have set up around 20 accounts (mostly 1 to 2 acre lots without gates) and need a ZTR that I can BAG quickly and as painless as possible, I hate bagging but most of these homes are owned by people that will pay extra for the bagging. I have seen people talking about Exmark Z series. Hustler, and a few others but which is the best bagger of them all and quick?
    Thanks in advance for any advice someone may have,

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned a walker and also an exmark explorer. The best bagging system I have used is an exmark ztr with a ultra vac. When bagging is not needed, ditch the vac and let it fly.
  3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I run the toro zero turn with a 60" deck and the 3 bag bagger. I love this setup. Good for grass, good for leaves, just an all around good mower.
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I run a exmark with the ultra vac dfs bagging system. These are second to none! I have used many others but after getting rid of my other exmark was not without one very long.
  5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i gotta vote for walker... and then there is the very similarly built exmark navigator for those who like the flavor red.
  6. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Can I say GRASSHOPPER! We love ours. They are powerflow and can be emptied without even getting off the mower! Check them out. I think you'll be happy!
  7. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

I agree 100%
  8. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello , walker is the best dedicated bagger.......but !!
    If u have lawns in one day that require u to side dicharge and also pickup a ""convential zero turn""" is a better option. Deck changing becomes painfull after a while on a walker .

In theory i would rather have eg an exmark with s/d,, bagger unit and a walkbehind 4 the narrow gates etc .
    Walker with 2x decks takes up trailer space ,pain to change decks ,slow on big jobs .
    The combo i would least be in favour of is walker ,""x brand"" S/Discharge and then a walkbehind .To much gear on one trailer .This typically is not a solo operater setup in my opinion .[fuel consumption ,trailer to big ,etc etc ]

9. tider

tider LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the advise. I had been looking at the exmark over the internet, I haven't checked out the walker or grasshopper but I will now and then make a decision. There will be 2 of us mowing the lawns(me riding the ZTR and the other guy doing the edging, weeding, and blowing) so I just wanted to know the easiest way (due to I will be the one that has to bag).
    Thanks again for all the advice.
  10. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a Grasshopper and think the collection system is second to none. With that said i have nothing to compare it to. I just think it works awsome.:waving: