Best "bang for the buck" commercial handheld blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The C Man, Jun 21, 2004.

1. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Opinions please. I'd like to pick up a Shindaiwa EB240, but I don't feel like dropping $300 on one, and was wondering which other ones you've found to be decent blowers for a good price.

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

stihl bg65 is a great one.

3. TEG

TEG LawnSite Member

Stihl IMO. Others might say echo. I just bought a stihl backpack and I love it.

4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it really worth $300 for a handheld blower? There are pretty decent backpack blowers for not much more.

What do you want the handheld for? If you're just using it for small jobs here and there, maybe you'd be better off with one of those $100 jobbies. Yeah, they burn out faster, but three times faster?

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 Shin EB 240's, and they do a great job for what they are used for.As far as 3 bills, I think they are around 229.00 or less here at my dealer.Remember, you get what you pay for.If you want it to last, buy it once.

6. Mark McC

I don't disagree with you on paying for equipment to last, I just am not sure I'd cough up that much for a handheld. On the other hand, it might make sense for me to get one. Some of my jobs really don't call for lugging that backpack unit around.

7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I second that i dont think the eb 240's are 300 I paid 199 for mine but that was at the end of the season, so i think about 229 sounds right, It has been an excellent purchase for me, it takes a beating but it still starts on the first pull, Get it once, Get a Shindaiwa

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Mark, I don't let my guys tear up my 500.00 backpacks for lawn maintenance.They only go on the trailer in the fall.The handhelds are great for blowing walks and patios, and like Dstosh said, they can take a beating, and then some. One of mine was ran over by the trailer and still runs.A $4.00 plastic part for the carb to mount the body is all that broke. It just depends on the areas you are clearing, but the EB's have great CFM for a handheld IMO.

9. Mark McC

I'll keep that in mind, although I have to admit that I'm not really budgeted for another blower at the moment.

Still, I have an old handheld that I could clean up and use. It'd beat the heck out of lugging that Echo BP 403 around. Thanks for the idea, guys.

10. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Well for $200 I'll definitely reconsider the Shin. My dealer won't budge on price though.... any thoughts on where to pick one up online for close to that price?