Best bank to do business with in FL

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by unkownfl, Dec 26, 2011.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Currently a BOA customer. I don't really have any complaints but I currently moved and I have to pass every other bank before I get to my Bank of America.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I have used Regions since I moved down here unknown. I do not know that they are the best bank but they are good IMHO. Free business checking. The girls behind the counter know me by name and always address me by it when I enter the branch.

The one thing that your current bank has that I thought about switching to them was the deposit checks through the phone app. Are you doing that? Seems like it could save lots of trips to the bank. Regions is working on a secure app but currently only offer essentially a router type machine for $30 a month which your simply run the check through and it is deposited for you.

Again I am just going off my experience at my branch and how I am treated there. I have not had a need to get a loan or any other type of business with them. I can tell you there online banking is free and allows you to label each transaction with your own categories - it also allows you to tag them into Taxable expense or income and then exports to QBs. All this for free. Not bad I guess but I am interested in hearing what others have to say as I have over 8 options within 10 blocks of my home.

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Can't say it's the best, but we haven't been dissapointed with Wells Fargo, formerly Wachovia. They have a payroll system for small businesses that's very cheap as well as other online utilities geared towards small businesses and they dovetail nicely with out Quickbook Pro.

Also, I can deposit cash or checks at the ATM without an envelope 24 hrs a day and get a detailed receipt with copies of the checks on it. Very convienient.

4. jackal

jackal LawnSite Senior Member

I have had good luck with Chase in Florida.

5. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

IMOP Chase and BOA are government banks. I dont trust them. I have always stuck to a small bank. They know my wife by name they respect our business.
    The other two banks you are just a number and all you people that get ripped off by them only listen to you when 1,000's of you voice your opinion.
    With a small local bank they listen to you only.

6. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Join a credit union.

7. Fencek

Fencek LawnSite Member

Capital City. Great folks. Free business checking also.

8. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I use my local bank. Charlotte state bank. They are great
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

I used USAA for a long time, but eventually wanted a physical bank for the business and went to Suntrust which is the closest to our place. I guess its a "big" bank but all the people there are friendly, know them by name etc. The basic business account is free.. unless you are broke( I think 1000 bucks in the account and then there is no fee)

10. weapons of grass destruction

weapons of grass destruction LawnSite Member

credit union works great for me.